Quantcast

NB 8.2 hangs strangely

Gary Greenberg-8
I was working on the Java project within Netbeans 8.2. Had about two dozen files open.
Just created another Java class and it appeared on the screen, but I can’t even position a cursor on any line of it.
Netbeans hangs. It happens sometime and I was not worried. I closed it and tried to restart.
It won’t. Netbeans icon just wiggled on the task bar and nothing happened.
I have decided to reboot my MacBook Pro. All windows closed but reboot did not happened, but the following popup showed.
I right-click on the Netbeans Icon and selected Force-Quit. Same result.
I ran ps command in terminal window and it tells me that no netbeans or even Java processes are running on my machine.
Still the same popup appears when I try to reboot.
Finally I did a cold restart via power switch and everything seams to be in order, but I still wonder how can it happened.
Did anyone observed similar behavior?