Maven Index At 50GB

I left my Windows 10 NB 8.2 install alone for a couple of hours and came back to it to find that my HDD had filled up and the whole system had come to a grinding halt while NB was trying to unpack the repositories.

These files are all in:

Most of this is due to the OSS Snapshots Repo, all downloaded today, so I'm guessing a project I've downloaded in the last couple of days has included this repo and caused my grief.

Is there any way to prevent use of this repo via settings/config of Netbeans or Maven, without having to search through every POM I've picked up recently?