Learn to program my first game.

lupacexi
Hey, I really want to learn to program a game in Java. I've done all types of tutorials that show me the general way to program in Java. Like if, while, for loops and all that stuff. But they never go any further on how to make an actually program that has a user interface.

I would love some recommendations on websites that would walk me through some simple examples that could ideally lead me to being able to make my own game like Towns or Gnomoria

Thank you in advance for any help. Thank you.

Learn to program my first game.

piedriver101
Hello,

If you haven't seen JMonkeyEngine, take a look, I drew a wireframe box in there once.

If game development itself is more your thing, take on learning to make your game in an industry recognized, commercial grade engine.

Reason being; if your path should change its easier for employers to recognize your abilities.