Java3D HArdware Acceleration Question.

Zachary1234-2
Through Java and the JOGL library that natively talks to OpenGL graphics card drivers on a computer, it is possible to do 2D or 3D graphics programming which will be specifically hardware accelerated.

-Does Java3D support specific calls that submit objects or tasks for Graphics Card Hardware acceleration?  If so, where in the Java3D javadocs can I find the appropriate classes?

If not, is it simply a case of trusting Java Runtime allocation to do this?  Or do I have to put my graphics code inside a Thread or Runnable?

Re: Java3D HArdware Acceleration Question.

Alied Pérez Martínez
I did Java3d some time ago. Have you looked at JavaFX 3d API[1]? I
haven't used it and I can't comment on it, but maybe there is something
useful. Please, share your results...

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/graphics-tutorial/javafx-3d-graphics.htm

On 04/12/2017 07:35 AM, Zachary1234 wrote:
> Through Java and the JOGL library that natively talks to OpenGL graphics card drivers on a computer, it is possible to do 2D or 3D graphics programming which will be specifically hardware accelerated.
>
> -Does Java3D support specific calls that submit objects or tasks for Graphics Card Hardware acceleration?  If so, where in the Java3D javadocs can I find the appropriate classes?
>
> If not, is it simply a case of trusting Java Runtime allocation to do this?  Or do I have to put my graphics code inside a Thread or Runnable?

0x8AEE5492.asc (1K) Download Attachment