Java EE tutorial

Papa
The tutorial explains that it will use GlassFish Server Open Source Edition. Would this be a problem when upload my web site? My ISP uses Apache.
Thanks
--
ArbolOne.ca
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.
organizations.
ArbolOne using Java Development in progress [ í ]

Re: Java EE tutorial

Thufir Hawat
On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:34:45 -0500, Papa wrote:

> The tutorial explains that it will use GlassFish Server Open Source
> Edition. Would this be a problem when upload my web site? My ISP uses
> Apache.
> Thanks

apache is just a web server. It won't execute code.

glassfish will run bytecode -- JAR, WAR, EAR.  It's an application server.

web server =/= application server.

they are different beasts.  reference wikipedia.

(what you *can* do is to run glassfish on amazon AWS...)

Re: Java EE tutorial

Simon, Charles
The minimum application server would be Tomcat, but Wildfly (JBoss) or Glassfish would be better.