J2SE 5.0 , NetBeans and PowerBook

ML Cole
I have a PowerBook G4, 2 G memory, and Tiger OS  X 1.4.1.
I'm new to Apple, so my knowledge is about as comphrensive as the
manuals that came with the laptop...none.

I downloaded and installed Netbeans 4.1 and J2SE 5.0 (1.5.0) both for
MAC.  I did not notice anything out of the ordinary...seems to have
worked without any hiccups. However, when I created a few simple java
scripts,  I could not get NetBeans to recognize the J2SE 5.0...it's
still in love with 1.4.2.

I know someone who is knowledgeable with J2SE and Netbeans on the PC
level. He was able to get the IDE to recognize J2SE.  I was able to
create a few simple java scripts using J2SE 5.0 features. A few days
later when I tried to create a few more simple scripts, the IDE was back
to 1.4.2. I rechecked the configurations the freined had set up before
and they were still there

How to I set J2SE 5.0 in concrete so everytime I open Netbeans, the IDE
uses J2SE 5.0? I do have the Java dictionary/doc for J2SE installed and
can look up syntax for words used in J2SE, but the complier upchucks on
them when used in a script.

Any help and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

regards  --  MLCole

.

Re: J2SE 5.0 , NetBeans and PowerBook

Tor Norbye
I switch to JDK 1.5 on my mac with
netbeans -jdkhome /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/
Versions/1.5/Home

Add the above jdkhome location to your netbeans.conf to make it
permanent (somewhere under NetBeans.app)

-- Tor