It seems as if Netbeans8.2 didn't recognise the libraries.

It seems as if Netbeans8.2 didn't recognise the libraries.

u137440
Hey, I used to use Netbeans normally in my MacBookPro; except for the fact that the debugger didn't work. One day I decided to install it, and as I did in my first installation I followed the instructions posted on the Netbeans webpage. Then I installed some program called Xcode from the AppleStore which weights more than 5GB. Since then, I have not compiled again with Netbeans in this computer.

After some trials of uninstalling Xcode, Netbeans and Oracle, and installing them again; I reached the point where I can use Netbeans, but it does not compile. It always gives me an error with the libraries stdlib.h and stdio.h which are the ones that Netbeans itself gives me when I create a new project. It seems as if there were no libraries. The error message is "Cannot find include file <stdio.h>.".

And by the way, can anyone say how to add a debugger? In "Options" i can see a box where says "Debugger Command:" most of the others are filled with the path of whatever it says, but this one is empty. It happens the same with my windows PC, but at least it compiles correctly.

Re: It seems as if Netbeans8.2 didn't recognise the libraries.

Robert Hartzell-2

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 4:08 PM, u137440 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey, I used to use Netbeans normally in my MacBookPro; except for the fact
> that the debugger didn't work. One day I decided to install it, and as I did
> in my first installation I followed the instructions posted on the Netbeans
> webpage. Then I installed some program called Xcode from the AppleStore
> which weights more than 5GB. Since then, I have not compiled again with
> Netbeans in this computer.
>
> After some trials of uninstalling Xcode, Netbeans and Oracle, and installing
> them again; I reached the point where I can use Netbeans, but it does not
> compile. It always gives me an error with the libraries stdlib.h and stdio.h
> which are the ones that Netbeans itself gives me when I create a new
> project. It seems as if there were no libraries. The error message is
> "Cannot find include file <stdio.h>.".
>
> And by the way, can anyone say how to add a debugger? In "Options" i can see
> a box where says "Debugger Command:" most of the others are filled with the
> path of whatever it says, but this one is empty. It happens the same with my
> windows PC, but at least it compiles correctly.

Did you install the Command Line Tools?
In the terminal app run
“xcode-select – -install”

Should install those headers in /usr

Netbeans doesn’t support apples debugger but you can install gdb yourself or just debug with apples lldb from the terminal.

hth, Robert