Is there a way to show diffs between two directory hierarchies in NB?

Is there a way to show diffs between two directory hierarchies in NB?

Thomas Wolf-7
My specific problem is this: I have a CVS-backed directory structure and a GIT-backed directory structure that are supposed to be the same and have the same files.  But someone has likely updated the CVS or GIT sides but forgotten to sync the change to the repository.  I need to find those cases.

Is there a way in NB directly - or via a plugin - in which one can point at the two root directories and it'll point out the differences?

if there's an open source solution outside of NB that would be ok too, but something integrated into NB would definitely be preferred.

Perhaps a more general question (but not NB specific) is this: if you're forced to live in a two-repository world, how do you best avoid the above?

thnx,
tom