Installer version number

Dmitry Avtonomov
Does anyone still remember how to update the version number of the product?

It is 1.0.0.0 by default. If you don't update that when creating a new installer, running the installer of the new version will give you a message, that the product is already installed.

AFAIR, those values were all hidden inside the harness. I've tried changing the values as per here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17626614/set-the-release-version-for-netbeans-rcp-application-windows-installer, but it didn't help. Still got the installer message.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Re: Installer version number

Peter Hansson-2
Is your project Maven or Ant based?

If your project is Maven based then it won't help to do as described in the answer on SO.

(when using Maven your harness gets downloaded as a Maven artifact and copied into your target directory when you build)

Dmitry

Dmitry