IDE hard to read in many dialogs

jov

IDE hard to read in many dialogs

jov
On my MSI laptop with a 3840x2160 screen, the IDE is very hard to read in many dialogs (and the help).

Does anyone know a way to fix this (without changing resolution and/or DPI settings)?

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/netbeans_865.png

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 6:54 AM, kenneth kuria <[hidden email]> wrote:

You havent helped himm yet...he got windows and he need help.he should check the font setting on netbeans.

I told him he could try NB9dev and JDK9 - isn't that as helpful as telling him to generically "check the font setting on netbeans"?

But, yeah, with a combination of adding a "--fontsize X" (where X is, I think pixel size? can't remember) on the command-line and setting font sizes for the editor (under Tools->Options in Windows NB I think), you can make things more readable.  But this approach is not perfect in that (a) you'll end up with some dialog boxes that are cut off because they weren't designed for such "large" fonts and (b) if, like me, you flip between the qHD laptop screen and "normal" external monitors a lot, you have to remember to restart NB with the proper --fontsize settings.  Also, if I remember correctly, the --fontsize setting doesn't work with all L&Fs.

I just looked at netbeans.apache.org and see that there's not yet a ready-made build of NB for JDK 9.  It looks like you'd have to build it yourself: https://jaxenter.com/netbeans/using-apache-netbeans-incubating-jdk-9

tom