How to use word wrap?

CharType
I there a way to wrap text in NetBeans, specifically in Javascript? I've tried going to Preferences->Editor->Formatting and editing the settings under Javascript and Wrapping, but none of the settings seem to change anything, even though the file I'm working on has several lines that go past the red line. Thanks.

Re: How to use word wrap?

Owen Thomas-2
Sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but I think having text wrap to a margin in comments would be an excellent enhancement for the NB community to implement. I have been hoping that something like this would appear in a release, but alas, so here is my vote.

I think it would be a valued thing to have comments that start with a "/**" to appear in an inset editor that wraps at the red line.

On 9 December 2017 at 14:00, CharType <[hidden email]> wrote:
I there a way to wrap text in NetBeans, specifically in Javascript? I've tried going to Preferences->Editor->Formatting and editing the settings under Javascript and Wrapping, but none of the settings seem to change anything, even though the file I'm working on has several lines that go past the red line. Thanks.

How to use word wrap?

priya465
The NetBeans IDE allows you to manage Java programs more easily than is possible using a basic text editor. One of its strengths is its code-formatting tools. These tools allow you to format and organize code so that large Java files in your business or personal projects are more manageable.

How to use word wrap?

CharType
Firstly, I'm using Javascript, not Java. Secondly, that doesn't tell me anything useful. What I need to know is how to use word wrap in Netbeans, if I can at all, because I've already checked the manual and the forums and couldn't find anything that worked. Can you tell me how specifically I can use word wrap?

Re: How to use word wrap?

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Go to the Options window, then Editor | Formatting, and use the Line Wrap drop-down box.

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands