How to undo dark metal theme?

David Cogen
Today I tried the dark metal theme. I hated it!!!!! (Extravagent and gratuitious
use of unnecessary color.)

So I tried to revert. I switched back to metal theme and restarted.

Mostly good, but my editor windows are still showing up with the dark theme :(

I might try clearing the cache when I get some time; I hope that fixes it!

Anybody else notice this issue?

Re: How to undo dark metal theme?

David Cogen
On 01/18/2018 01:07 PM, David Cogen wrote:

> Today I tried the dark metal theme. I hated it!!!!! (Extravagent and
> gratuitious use of unnecessary color.)
>
> So I tried to revert. I switched back to metal theme and restarted.
>
> Mostly good, but my editor windows are still showing up with the dark theme :(
>
> I might try clearing the cache when I get some time; I hope that fixes it!
>
> Anybody else notice this issue?

Oh, no! Clearing the cache did not fix the problem. I am still getting the mixed
theme. This is worse than either metal or dark metal; this hybrid is practically
unreadable!

What to do now? Reinstall netbeans? (I hope my projects are not hope/lessly
corrupted?)

Re: How to undo dark metal theme?

Jean-Marc Borer
You can just clear your netbeans work dir (have a look in your etc/netbeans.conf file to find where it is located). You will loose all your settings/plugins and file/scm cache etc, but you don’t need to reinstall Netbeans. You can also drill down in your workdir to locate the file that sets the colors (always backup before).

Sometimes, when you switching between LaFs, the editor colors remain as they were set during the last LaF because editor colors can be set separately of the LaF. So when this happen to me, I just go to the options/editor and reselect the theme I liked (usuallay netbeans with light LaF).

Did you try the Darcula LaF? It is quite nice and comes from IntelliJ. I have fixed the current Darcula plugin, because there are some issues with the one you can find on plugins.netbeans.org.

Hope it helps,

JMB