Quantcast

How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

vra5107
Hi

      Does netbeans provide any facility to type special characters like registered, euro, ntilde etc inside the editor? I can't seem to find a solution. Eclipse definitely supports this.

Thanks
Venkat

Re: How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

jiri prox
Hi,

AFAIK this is not implemented yet. You can use macro to insert most used
special character - just create new macro in options dialog with text
"x" (including the quotation marks) , where x is some special character
and assign shortcut to it.

Hope it helps
Jirka

venkatRAM wrote:
> Hi
>
>       Does netbeans provide any facility to type special characters like
> registered, euro, ntilde etc inside the editor? I can't seem to find a
> solution. Eclipse definitely supports this.
>
> Thanks
> Venkat

Re: How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

vra5107
Thanks Jiri

     Appreciate the reply. I had a file with these symbols which I opened using microsoft word. I copied and pasted in the netbeans editor. Worked fine.

Thanks
Venkat

jiri prox wrote

venkatRAM wrote:
> Hi
>
>       Does netbeans provide any facility to type special characters like
> registered, euro, ntilde etc inside the editor? I can't seem to find a
> solution. Eclipse definitely supports this.
>
> Thanks
> Venkat

Re: How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

Michel Graciano
Hi,
you can use Insert Unicode plugin [1] from [2] or just adding an new UC pointing to [3]. With this I hope you will be able to insert any character into editor just using right mouse click.

Regards
[1] org-netbeans-modules-insertunicode.nbm
[3] http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/nbms-and-javadoc/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/nbbuild/nbms/updates.xml.gz

jiri prox wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK this is not implemented yet. You can use macro to insert most used
> special character - just create new macro in options dialog with text
> "x" (including the quotation marks) , where x is some special character
> and assign shortcut to it.
>
> Hope it helps
> Jirka
>
> venkatRAM wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>       Does netbeans provide any facility to type special characters like
>> registered, euro, ntilde etc inside the editor? I can't seem to find a
>> solution. Eclipse definitely supports this.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Venkat

Michel Graciano
Summa Technologies do Brasil Ltda.
http://www.michelgraciano.com
https://genesis.dev.java.net/
http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/index_pt_BR.html
https://copypastehistory.dev.java.net/

Re: How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

tusharvjoshi
Hi Michel,

This will make a good FAQ entry.  Is this already in FAQ?

with regards
Tushar

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur
MCSD_NET C#, SCJP, RHCE
Software Engineer and Senior Project Manager @ Infospectrum India Private Limited, VOC Captain for NetBeans, JUGNagpur Leader
http://www.info-spectrum.com
http://www.tusharvjoshi.com
http://wiki.netbeans.org/VoiceOfCommunity
http://www.jugnagpur.com

jiri prox wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK this is not implemented yet. You can use macro to insert most used
> special character - just create new macro in options dialog with text
> "x" (including the quotation marks) , where x is some special character
> and assign shortcut to it.
>
> Hope it helps
> Jirka
>
> venkatRAM wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>       Does netbeans provide any facility to type special characters like
>> registered, euro, ntilde etc inside the editor? I can't seem to find a
>> solution. Eclipse definitely supports this.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Venkat

Michel Graciano
Summa Technologies do Brasil Ltda.
http://www.michelgraciano.com
https://genesis.dev.java.net/
http://translatedfiles.netbeans.org/index_pt_BR.html
https://copypastehistory.dev.java.net/

Re: How to type special characters in the netbeans editor

Michel Graciano
I don't think so but I agree with you. I will do this soon.

Thanks for tip. :-D