How to profile 5.0?

Tom Ball
I want to profile my 5.0-based module, but have run into a
chicken-and-egg problem:  the profiler docs state that you need to open
the projects you want to evaluate, but the profiler only runs in 4.1
which cannot open my module projects.  How are folks (such as the
performance team) profiling 5.0?  I don't mind running 4.1 to monitor a
5.0 build, but I can't figure out how.

A related question is that since 5.0's nbbuild can be opened by 4.1
(since it's not a module), would whomever knows how please add a
"tryme-profile" target in its build.xml so we all can do it?

Tom

Re: How to profile 5.0?

Ian Formanek
Hi Tom,

you actually do not need to have the project open in the IDE.
Just use Attach Profiler with whatever (or none) project open and attach
to the running NB 5.0

Jesse and I are talking about adding the profile support for NB project
types in 5.0, stay tuned.

-Ian