How to link an imported Maven project to my project???

How to link an imported Maven project to my project???

dazz
Hello
I am writing Java code for my own project.  I have imported a maven project that someone else has written and I want to call from my project.

I have almost successfully imported the maven project into Netbeans as a standalone project.  It includes all the source code.

How do I link my project to the imported one so I can call it?
Do I move the files into the directory tree of my project or do I somehow tell Netbeans where to find the imported code at compile?  Do I need to make any changes to the Maven files?

Also, the imported code is missing two dependencies.  One of those is log4j2.  This is something I will likely use in every project I do.  Can I put those files somewhere that Netbeans will automatically find when I create a new project?

Re: How to link an imported Maven project to my project???

Geertjan Wielenga-3

If by "I have imported a Maven project" you mean "I have opened a Maven
project", then that's correct -- i.e., any folder that has a pom.xml
file is automatically a project. If you've gone through some complicated
import process to get a Maven project into NetBeans, you've probably
done something wrong.

Gj