Quantcast

How to install a module for all users ?

mcheung63
So said i can't make it work :-(
In module A i added those two line in project.properties, after i clicked "install/reload in dev ide". I try to add it to another module, still can't find it.

eng.rcordeiro wrote:

> Hi Jirka,
>
> Thank you so much for your help. I found the solution by myself with your comments.
> On your first answer you told me to add the switch bellow.
>

> > * add the switch "nbm.is.global=true" to project.properties
>

> But it wasn't enough, I miss the other switch
>
> nbm.target.cluster=chord
>
> And it's working now. This tip I found here
>
> http://wiki.netbeans.org/HowToReuseModules
>
> And again thank you so much for your help,
> Rafael Cordeiro.

Re: How to install a module for all users ?

Geertjan Wielenga-3

It's unclear what you're trying to achieve -- i.e., why. Can you explain
the use case? What are these two module suites doing, i.e., what will
the user be doing with them? Why can't you put the module that you need
to share in an update center and then let the user install via the
Plugin Manager or in some other way?

Gj