Quantcast

How to decompile a .war file?

tangara
Dear forum,

I've been trying to use the different plugs-in available on NetBeans for decompiling a .war file but without success.  :(

Basically, after installed the plug in...I do not actually know what to do in order to decompile my .war file.....

I tried and tried but just couldn't figure out how to.

Or is there another way to decompile a .war file....

Hope somebody out there can advise me.  Many thanks.

Re: How to decompile a .war file?

mblaesing
Hey,

Am Montag, den 09.04.2012, 05:16 +0000 schrieb tangara:
> Basically, after installed the plug in...I do not actually know what to do in order to decompile my .war file.....

the tool you need is zip. A war is not compiled it's a zip file
containing JSP/JSF code, compiled java classes and jar libraries.

HTH

Matthias

Re: How to decompile a .war file?

Marcelo Schneider
A .jar/.war file is compressed using the ZIP format. You can decompress it using any zip utility like WinZIP/WinRAR/etc. and then use your favorite decompiler on the .class files.

Marcelo Frantz Schneider
Marine Cybernetics
Vestre Rosten 77, Trondheim, Norway
marcelo.schneider (at) marinecyb.com

Re: How to decompile a .war file?

Stadelmann Josef

it depends what you understand under terms "DECOMPILING"

But if you have NetBeans and want just to look what is inside the war

you can just use NetBeans. Go to Files Tab, open the target location (project type dependent)

locate the WAR file and find an icon showing a little glass. click on the plus sign to open it.

Decompiling a war, jar, aar, ear, is all about the same, NetBeans or ZIP or a GUI based TUGzip or so.

a WAR file then contains classes or classes packaged into jar files, for jar you can take JAR

For classes you can take NetBeans too, but it will only show the class internals when you place the mouse

over /target/classes/…/*.class it will show nothing if you place the cursor over a class packaged into a

jar or a war. (maybe this is a NB BUG)

Josef