How to Configure Compiler/Device

Destiato
I am connected to my RasPi and when i compile a file it compiles as a x86 binary file.  This is a problem because the RasPi does not have an x86 processor; it has an ARM processor. How do I configure the compiler to compile to ARM file instead of an x86 file?

Re: How to Configure Compiler/Device

arsi
Hi,

You need a ARM cross compiler,you can find him on the RPI pages.

Next Tools->Options->C/C++-> Add

Then it looks like this:

Next project setup:

Re: [EXTERNAL] How to Configure Compiler/Device

Henderson, Roy
Just to quickly point you in the right direction - have you defined the RPi as a remote platform within NB and are you compiling your project to that remote platform?

The feature definitely works because I have used it myself although I do remember being confused when actually configuring the remote platform, especially with the location of the JDK.

Apologies for the short answer but hopefully it gives you a pointer ...

I am connected to my RasPi and when i compile a file it compiles as a x86 binary file.  This is a problem because the RasPi does not have an x86 processor; it has an ARM processor. How do I configure the compiler to compile to ARM file instead of an x86 file?

This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. PLEASE NOTE that all incoming e-mails sent to Weatherford e-mail accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional e-mails (spam). This process could result in deletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by its intended recipient at our organization. Moreover, based on the scanning results, the full text of e-mails and attachments may be made available to Weatherford security and other personnel for review and appropriate action. If you have any concerns about this process, please contact us at [hidden email].