How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

jorgesumle
I can't make a separate assets folder for my proyect. I try to place my assets outside the /src file, but if I do that they can't be located. How does that work and how do I change that to locate files from the /netbeansProjectFile location?

How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

jorgesumle
Here is the project, it might help someone (https://github.com/jorgesumle/Octogonave).

Re: How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Where in that code are you trying to access something in the 'assets'
folder?

Gj

On 14-6-2016 14:28, jorgesumle wrote:
> Here is the project, it might help someone (https://github.com/jorgesumle/Octogonave).

Re: How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

PS: When I run your application, I don't see any problems, all the
images seem to load fine.

On 14-6-2016 18:36, geertjan wielenga wrote:

> Where in that code are you trying to access something in the 'assets'
> folder?
>
> Gj
>
> On 14-6-2016 14:28, jorgesumle wrote:
>> Here is the project, it might help someone
>> (https://github.com/jorgesumle/Octogonave).

How do I make an asset folder for a netBeans project

cp7781
A, nice. A JavaFX application?

The gameElements.Asteroid class seems to load several javafx.scene.image.Image with files from the assets folder.

Haven't tried it yet. Just looked into the source code. It might work, if the assets folder can be found in the working directory.