How can I locally set up CVS repository on my Windows XP box?
I hope it is not completely off topic.
Under NetBeans 5.5 IDE I wrote a project that the first version of I want to put into CVS. How can I locally set up CVS repository on my Windows XP box? Below I present what I am unsuccessfully doing:
1) I downloaded cvs-1-11-22.zip, unzipped cvs.exe to a folder which name exists on PATH 2) I started the command:
C:\> cvs -dc:\ init This resulted in a creation of c:\CVSROOT directory populated with many files and "Emptydir" directory.
3) I “set CVSROOT=c:\” environmental variable
4) I launched NetBeans, right-clicked on the project name in project browser window, and chose “CVS -> Import into Repository"
5) In the “Import Project Options” dialog that appeared I entered “:local:c:\CVSROOT\” into CVS Root field.
6) I pressed “Next” button
7) Since that moment progress bar start swing from left to right endlessly!!! (until I press stop button). No file from my project is stored in c:\CVSROOT folder neither!