Quantcast

Find/Replace disabled in text editor after upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0.2

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Find/Replace disabled in text editor after upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0.2

peter.en
...and I confirm that these actions are also disabled for RELEASE81.
First I had this problem with the RELEASE721, i have updated netbeans versions like you did, but the problem is still there...




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Find/Replace disabled in text editor after upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0.2

peter.en
...I found what was the problem.  I thought that the "find in text action" was implemented by org.openide.actions.FindAction, well no...after a hard debug, I found that the responsible action is org.netbeans.modules.editor.search.actions.SearchAction. This action is contained in the module org-netbeans-modules-editor-search as org.netbeans.modules.editor.search.actions.SearchAction
My Rcp Application was missing this dependency, so adding it to my application, solved the problem.
Another useful aspect about this, is that this dependency will solve the problem only for the editors registered within the plaform. To make it work for any text file kind (some log file for instance found in your project)  there is good to have org-netbeans-modules-editor-plain dependency included in your application. It allows to open any kind of text file in the decorated netbeans editor and it enables the actions Find/Replace.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Find/Replace disabled in text editor after upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0.2

Geertjan Wielenga-3
In reply to this post by peter.en

Can you put a module on GitHub that reproduces this problem so that
someone can look at it?

Gj


On 14-4-2017 9:28, peter.en wrote:
> ...and I confirm that these actions are also disabled for RELEASE81.
> First I had this problem with the RELEASE721, i have updated netbeans versions like you did, but the problem is still there...
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Find/Replace disabled in text editor after upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0.2

Oliver Rettig
In reply to this post by peter.en
Hi,
thats intersting.  How have you found which dependencies are needed to
activate this functionality? I often run into such problems with upgrades of
the platform and it is always an trial-and-error-session for me to find out
which modules I have to add.
best regards
Oliver

> ...I found what was the problem.  I thought that the "find in text action"
> was implemented by org.openide.actions.FindAction, well no...after a hard
> debug, I found that the responsible action is
> org.netbeans.modules.editor.search.actions.SearchAction. This action is
> contained in the module org-netbeans-modules-editor-search as
> org.netbeans.modules.editor.search.actions.SearchAction My Rcp Application
> was missing this dependency, so adding it to my application, solved the
> problem. Another useful aspect about this, is that this dependency will
> solve the problem only for the editors registered within the plaform. To
> make it work for any text file kind (some log file for instance found in
> your project)  there is good to have org-netbeans-modules-editor-plain
> dependency included in your application. It allows to open any kind of text
> file in the decorated netbeans editor and it enables the actions
> Find/Replace.


Loading...