Quantcast

Error message whilst installing Netbeans 8.2

Error message whilst installing Netbeans 8.2

mikeydoesit
Everytime I attempt to install Netbeans on my linux machine i get this error.
```
(trusty)mikeydoesit@localhost:~/Downloads$` ./netbeans-8.2-javaee-linux.sh
Configuring the installer...
Searching for JVM on the system...
Extracting installation data...
Running the installer wizard...
An error occured while initializing the NetBeans IDE installer UI.
Most probably the running JVM is not compatible with the current platform.
See FAQ at http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqUnableToPrepareBundledJdk for more information.
/usr/local/java/jdk1.8.0_121/jre/lib/i386/libawt_xawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/local/java/jdk1.8.0_121/jre/lib/i386/libawt_xawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You can get more details about the issue in the installer log file:
/home/mikeydoesit/.nbi/log/20170214211338.log
```
Can anybody help me correct this issue please?[/quote]