tkellerer
As apparently no one wants to announce this in the forum itself, here is the link to the NetBeans news:

NetBeans Community News wrote:
> If you’ve been following Oracle's Apache NetBeans donation process, you’ll be aware that a large part of NetBeans is in Apache Git already. You should also be aware that mailing lists are available at Apache for purposes of discussing the development and usage of Apache NetBeans.
>
> By means of this e-mail, we’re letting you know that as of January 1st, 2018, the @netbeans.org mailing lists will be deleted (they are archived at netbeans.markmail.org), all references to @netbeans.org mailing lists will, where possible, be replaced with references to Apache NetBeans mailing lists, and everyone will need to manually move to the Apache NetBeans @dev ([hidden email]) and Apache NetBeans @user ([hidden email]) mailing lists:

Read the full text here: https://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1646.html

Papa
As I said some time ago, Apeche *will kill NetBeans.
Reading "Mailing List and Forums" , under the subtitle "How to Access" one is redirected to "How to Participate"; where one is advice to post any questions regarding the "New NetBeans" on that website that is full of sadistics,  mindless masochists, toxic bullies and those  who are either Nazis or, in the words of Malcom X, Houes-Slaves whose primary objective is to lick the master's royal backside.
Since serious developers do deal with these low-brow throwbacks of evolution, one can safely assume that NetBeans, as we know it, is gone.

By the way, my spell checker no longer recognizes the word NetBeans since it will no longer exist in our computers.
May it rest in peace along with the other Apaches.

Correction

Papa
Since serious developers do *NOT deal with these low-brow throwbacks of evolution, one can safely assume that NetBeans, as we know it, is gone.