E-Commerce Tutorial Persistence Unit question

E-Commerce Tutorial Persistence Unit question

rexbroo

Hi,

I'm adapting the E-Commerce tutorial and working through the numbered sections, but using my own naming convention for saving snapshots along the way.

When I want to save a copy of the work at some point I export to zip with a stage numbering designation e.g. 3_3. So I can always rewind to that version. What has happened though is that when I moved from Section 6 to Section 7 and and exported 3_3 and then carried on an created the Entity Classes and Session Beans, NetBeans was still working along as 3_3 and so gave the persistence unit name the 3_3 and kept it that way through version 3_5, where the persistence unit name is still 3_3.

Is this a possible problem? If so can I simply change the persistence unit name in the persistence.xml file?

Thanks
Rex

--
Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design

Re: E-Commerce Tutorial Persistence Unit question

Alied Pérez Martínez
Congratulation! You've just invented versioning! :-D
Now seriously, you can use git locally; without a server. You can
commit, branch, and everything except push, of course. You might want to
try that

see here for more details: https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/git.html

Hope it helps.

On 11/02/2017 04:02 PM, rexbroo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm adapting the E-Commerce tutorial and working through the numbered
> sections, but using my own naming convention for saving snapshots
> along the way.
>
> When I want to save a copy of the work at some point I export to zip
> with a stage numbering designation e.g. 3_3. So I can always rewind to
> that version. What has happened though is that when I moved from
> Section 6 to Section 7 and and exported 3_3 and then carried on an
> created the Entity Classes and Session Beans, NetBeans was still
> working along as 3_3 and so gave the persistence unit name the 3_3 and
> kept it that way through version 3_5, where the persistence unit name
> is still 3_3.
>
> Is this a possible problem? If so can I simply change the persistence
> unit name in the persistence.xml file?
>
> Thanks
> Rex
>
> --
> Rex Brooks
> Starbourne Communications Design
> Email:[hidden email]
> GeoAddress:
> 1361 Addison St. Apt. A
> Berkeley, CA 94702
> Phone: 510-898-0670

Re: E-Commerce Tutorial Persistence Unit question

rexbroo

Thanks for the url.

On 11/2/2017 5:54 PM, Alied Pérez Martínez wrote:
[...]

[hidden email]
GeoAddress:
1361 Addison St. Apt. A
Berkeley, CA 94702