Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

12

Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

tgm1024
Can I disable the dialog that double checks every time I want to cancel the current run or debug-run?

I can find no place within settings for this and there is no "remember my choice" option in the dialog itself.

Something akin to this, but without the cancel:

[Image: http://helpdotnetvision.nevron.com/UI/Images/Forms/VerificationMsgBox.png ]

Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

tgm1024
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com
We’re in the process of moving to Apache, here’s how you can participate:

Where would we need to post this information or where would we need to announce this for you to see it?

I.e., we’re trying to figure out why a lot of people are not aware, one year after we first announced this, that we are moving to Apache.

What can we do better to communicate this?

Over the coming months, all the NetBeans mailing lists will transition to Apache mailing lists, it is best to start asking your questions there already:

Thanks,

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

On 18 Oct 2017, at 03:25, tgm1024 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Papa
ah!
As much as I would love that Apache would prove me wrong, I feel that as soon as soon as Apache takes over, completely, of NetBeans, this mailing list will be moved to what you have so nicely described as the dark side. I really don't understand why would any healthy individual use stackoverflow, which appears to be filled by masochists and abusive bullies. Big changes are on the horizon, some of them good, some of them not so good. We the users are on the 'not so good' end of the spectrum, other peoples are already on the 'good', yet self destructive, side of the spectrum.
Oracle has done a wonderful job with NetBeans, keep up the good work Oracle :-)

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

What does “as soon as Apacge takes over” mean, to you?

Apache is not a company, in the way that Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc, are companies.

Apache is you and me and everyone else working together on projects such as Maven, Groovy, NetBeans, and hundreds of other projects.

Instead of writing back with more misunderstandings and confusions, can you spend some time on this page, to try to understand what Apache is:

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Jeremy Nicoll
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017, at 09:54, [hidden email] wrote:

> What can we do better to communicate this?

I'd seen this notification several times in the last few days (but I
only found out about Netbeans around a week ago).

I thought it was something to do with Oracle's own business!

Also "we're moving to Apache" is not very meaningful.

Why not instead say what you actually mean, eg

  The Netbeans project, which has until recently been sponsored
  by Oracle , is moving.  It will be run instead by the Apache Software
  Foundation.

  Find out more (eg where the new mailing lists are) at: <blah>

Also, when I joined the Netbeans mailing lists, I did so having read
through the details at

 https://netbeans.org/community/lists/top.html

where there's no mention of Apache or that there's a different set of
mailing lists that one should join.

Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Papa
Ya, well, you, me and everyone else, do not want to use a masochist-abusive littered mailing list such stackoverylow. Can you, me and everyone else stop Apache, which is you me and everyone else,  from 'moving' the mailing list to the dark side? No, because you me and everyone else hast to follow the decisions made by Apache on behalf of me, you and everyone else; you know, the way third countries are run...
Truly, Apache is not a democracy, why would you think that if you, me and everyone else decides to not support a Apaches decision it would stop them from proceeding with that decision? Oooo, ho, ho, ho, they will go Nazi on you, me and everyone else if 'WE', the people complain about it.
Your are not a baby and you already know that what I am saying is true, thus this conversation has future.
I am not making any decisions here, I am not even a player, like watching Hockey, I am just watching and criticize the wrong moves made by the plays.
It is 5.46am here, what time is it there where you live?

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Owen Thomas-2
To the point about StackOverflow.

I do indeed prefer ye old email list to SO precisely because there is no pointless points tsars to lord over the rest of the plebs who utter their "utterly nonsensical" questions. Still, I get a lot of good answers from SO, so someone must asking their questions with whatever je ne sais quoi is mandatory to appease the overlords.

I'll transfer to netbeans.apache.org if this looks like the way to go, and I'll appreciate any replies I get on netbeans.apache.org as I have on this email email list when I get them.

I like Netbeans. I hope I'm doing enough to keep it evolving long into the future.

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

OpenShift - plugin

angelo.moreschini@medident-sw.it

I am interested to deploy my applications (made with NetBeans) in Red Hat - OpenShift environment.

I fund this link : http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/56913/openshift.

There it is a plug-in (to download) that allow to do what I would like ...

Anywhere they are many complains (of users) in that page.

For this reason I have given up to install it for the time being.

I would like to hear some pros and cons about this plug-in

Thank you

Angelo

Angelo

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Papa
I also support the decision of keeping Apache NetBeans with Apache mailing list.
Any question I might ever thought of has already been asked in SO. So, if a Apache NetBeans (ANB) user needs to know something about ANB, then the ANB user should just Bing it. If Bing does not produce any results, than the user should post the question on ANB mailing list as a better choice against SO.
If ANB moves its mailing list to SO, than we are left to deal with those... people, and we (you, me every body else), do not  want that.

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: OpenShift - plugin

angelo.moreschini@medident-sw.it

Here’s the source code, you’re welcome to develop it further:

Thanks,

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

===============
thank you Geertjan.

I'll take a look there, but I am beginning with OpenShift,
for this reason do not expect much from me at the moment :-)

regards

Angelo

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Brett Ryan
I don’t know why you’re raggin’ on SO so much, I’ve found it a pleasant environment with those that know what they’re talking about bubble to the top.

As you correctly stated, if you can’t find the question through search then ask it in a nicely indexed and searchable forum.

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Owen Thomas-2
It sometimes seems on SO that it is the question (or sometimes merely the way it is asked) that is treated with undue personal criticism. Someone would only come to ask a question because they don't know what they're talking about, and I am one of those people who seems a lot of the time to be in a position where I am in a bit over my head. I am also someone who doesn't want to make answering questions part of my life. Hence, I aught to be allowed to be happy enough just to have a question I ask to be answered, and hence do not want to "bubble to the top" of a boffin heap. Others perhaps are better suited to this than I am, and I wish them every success.

If I ask a question, I may probably have made incorrect assumptions. These incorrect assumptions would be evident in the question I ask. No good will ever come of someone by writing criticism about personal characteristics they have as much knowledge of as would appear relevant to the conversation and then down voting my question just because of factually incorrect assumptions I have made in the question I ask. Perhaps, rather, it would be better if a person who might know what incorrect assumptions I have made kindly pointed them out to me.

Perhaps I take things too personally, but I also think narcissistic tendencies of serial abusers add necessary information to one's understanding of a phenomenon that the SO reputation system legitimises and promotes. I don't find the calculation of reputation wrong in itself, but I do think there should be some way to send strong signals to people when they smear one's earnestly asked questions with volleys of abuse.

I've resolved not to use SO myself, and I let others ask questions now; I find this works for me. It appears that I can exercise patience because I'm not time constrained and have acquired a philosophical refrain to the possibility of any positive outcome that my efforts may account for. Additionally, I don't like the personal attacks that will regularly come from cliques of tin-pot megalomaniacs who seem to use their SO reputation as license to troll in an effort to stifle earnest attempts that others may make to rid their own understanding of incorrect assumptions.

... and that's why I think SO sucks enough for me not to want to contribute.

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, at 13:29, Owen Thomas wrote:

> I've resolved not to use SO myself, and I let others ask questions now; I
> find this works for me.

I've found answers to problems at SO before, and that's useful.

But it won't let me comment on things because I don't have a high
enough reputation, whereas I can make posts and replies to messages
on newsgroups and mail lists without having to jump through hoops.

Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Papa
What actually said was, " than the user should post the question on ANB mailing list as a better choice against SO".

than the user should post the question on ANB mailing list as a better choice against SO

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Papa
I agree with your statement in the second paragraph of your email. Many times I have refrained myself from asking a question in SO just because I detest the verbal abuse I will most definitely get due to my ignorance of the subject. What is the point of asking a question if the rest of the list will verbally giggle or mock the questioner. No! SO will be the death of NB popularity, Apache knows this, and that is why NB mailing list will be moved to SO.
Having said that, I have heard that Apache will kill the NB project, and I believe that it is the general understanding among the my peers. Well, I shrink my shoulders when I ask my self, what better way would Apache have to kill NB than to move the mailing list to SO, humm?

On 2017-10-17 9:25 PM, tgm1024 wrote:
Did everyone who normally frequented this site head over to the dark side (stackoverflow) or something?

I'm seeing a TON of zero-reply topics.

Re: Disable Dialog "Are you sure you want to cancell XXXX (run)?"

Glenn Holmer-4
On 10/22/2017 06:54 PM, Papa wrote:
> SO will be the death of NB popularity, Apache knows this, and that
> is why NB mailing list will be moved to SO.

That doesn't even make sense. How can Apache move the mailing list to
Stack Overflow?

> Having said that, I have heard that Apache will kill the NB project,
> and I believe that it is the general understanding among the my
> peers.

I've asked you before and I'll ask you again: where did you "hear" this?
The truth of the matter, as you'd know if you were keeping up with the
Apache mailing lists, is that the grunt work of changing all the
licenses in the source files is almost done (about 95%, last I read) and
Oracle is about to donate the rest of the code (including Java EE). The
Apache mentors are being very supportive (again, you would know this if
you were actually following what's going on over there).

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
12