Quantcast

Deployment

SDickinson
Hello

I'm very new to netbeans but I'm really impressed. I'm using netbeans 6.8, glassfish plus MySQL. The simple web application I developed is fully functional on the localhost but how do you upload my web application to a remote server (GoDaddy). I have search the web for weeks on this to no avail.

Also can you recommend a java library with simple APIs as an email client

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Deployment

Thufir Hawat
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 15:23:52 +0000, SDickinson wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm very new to netbeans but I'm really impressed. I'm using netbeans
> 6.8, glassfish plus MySQL. The simple web application I developed is
> fully functional on the localhost but how do you upload my web
> application to a remote server (GoDaddy). I have search the web for
> weeks on this to no avail.
>
> Also can you recommend a java library with simple APIs as an email
> client
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

current version is at least version 8.2; on ubuntu it's easier to install
with umake.  When using AWS, see below, this is probably the way to go.

javamail is like so:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6606529/

it's pretty easy to use.

You can't run glassfish on godaddy, so far as I know.  You would need to
use AWS (Amazon) or some other virtual private server.  Basically, get a
free trial with Amazon, install glassfish, and away you go.  Make sense?

Hope that helps,

Thufir