Debugging PHP and Java at the same time

I've been using Netbeans for a little while and mainly used it to debug PHP files.  However, I've since taken on a project that uses HTML/CSS/PHP/Java (JBuilder) languages.

I created a new project that includes the sources from the entire home directory in my MAMP Pro setup.

When I debug the project, it will only allow me to step through the PHP code and will not step into the Java code.

Is there something specific that I have missed in my project configuration that is preventing the Java from debugging also?

Thanks for any pointers.