Debugging Java Application which has dependency on Hardware(ECM)

Debugging Java Application which has dependency on Hardware(ECM)

Nazneen Mulani
Hi Team,

My java applications works with ECM(Engine Control Module) to do Read/Write operations. To connect java application with ECM I have used EDIC USB in between.
My java application has connect button which allows me to connect with EDIC usb.

Now, my desktop version of java application i.e. JNLP it works well with Hardware setup. But I want to debug my application in Netbeans with EDIC usb and ECM connected in debug mode.

When i start debug option in Netbeans it fails to connect with EDIC usb. So can you please suggest me other options in Netbeans for this type of debugging .Also I heave heard about "usb-debugging" option and "Plugin" option , if possible let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
NazneenĀ

Re: Debugging Java Application which has dependency on Hardware(ECM)

Simon Roberts
Sounds like a good use for mocking (though there are likely other approaches).

might help.

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com