Quantcast

Customize Java FX Project Template in NetBeans v8

Customize Java FX Project Template in NetBeans v8

Hegyi László
Hi All,

I would like to create a Java FX Project Template (that works) which shows the same wizard as the original 'New Project' (I miss here several options).

I managed to create a Java FX Project Template following the official Howto,
but the resulting Wizard does not show all the options the original wizard for 'New Project/Java FX Application' has. I miss most of all the 'Create
Application Class' option. I guess I would need to alter the WizardIterator
so that the original 'Java FX Application' wizard appear, but I did not
manage (see below) to figure it out how to.

What I did so far:

a)  search on the internet and found only the following - loosely related - articles which did not answer my question:

1) Hack Your Own Custom NetBeans Project Templates
https://dzone.com/articles/hack-your-own-custom-project-t
-> https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/60/nbm-projectsamples.html

the above description is for NetBeans v6, I did not manage to adapt to my case with
NetBeans v8.2 (with JDK 1.8 ).

2) Creating a Better Java Class Wizard
https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/entry/creating_a_better_java_class

here again it speaks about layout.xml, which I do not have (maybe again some
changed API issue)

b) ask on [hidden email]
no answer after more than a week.

Any help would be appreciated,

helasz

Re: Customize Java FX Project Template in NetBeans v8

Geertjan Wielenga-3

Drop me a mail, maybe we can figure out what you need via Skype and work
on the plugin you're trying to create together.

Thanks,

Geertjan

On 20-3-2017 13:01, helasz wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to create a Java FX Project Template (that works) which shows the same wizard as the original 'New Project' (I miss here several options).
>
> I managed to create a Java FX Project Template following the official Howto,
> but the resulting Wizard does not show all the options the original wizard for 'New Project/Java FX Application' has. I miss most of all the 'Create
> Application Class' option. I guess I would need to alter the WizardIterator
> so that the original 'Java FX Application' wizard appear, but I did not
> manage (see below) to figure it out how to.
>
> What I did so far:
>
> a)  search on the internet and found only the following - loosely related - articles which did not answer my question:
>
> 1) Hack Your Own Custom NetBeans Project Templates
> https://dzone.com/articles/hack-your-own-custom-project-t
> -> https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/60/nbm-projectsamples.html
>
> the above description is for NetBeans v6, I did not manage to adapt to my case with
> NetBeans v8.2 (with JDK 1.8 ).
>
> 2) Creating a Better Java Class Wizard
> https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/entry/creating_a_better_java_class
>
> here again it speaks about layout.xml, which I do not have (maybe again some
> changed API issue)
>
> b) ask on [hidden email]
> no answer after more than a week.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> helasz

Customize Java FX Project Template in NetBeans v8

Hegyi László
Thanks geertjan!

In the attached compressed file you will find two further compressed files:

1) multipleUI.zip
this is the complete source of the Java FX Application which I would like to turn into a Project Template.

2) muiPanelVisual.zip
These are the two files I guess I need to customize in the resulting project template. I can post if necessary the whole template project Netbeans 8.2 did create for me (2 MB compressed file)

I think I need to carry out two tasks here:

a) change strings (Application class name, package name, some of the folder names) wherever they appear in the source files (among them in build.xml, test packages, etc.) -> I guess this might be done with a sort of linux' sed command, but there might be more convenient alternatives I am not aware of

b) create (alter the original) folder structure of the new project accordingly

I would probably be able to code these two tasks in Java, but I am sure somebody has already done that before (better than me), so I would prefer to use a code which has been tested.

I have a Skype account but I have not used it for a couple of years, so I need to revisit installation, settings, etc. I will be able t ouse it out of working time (from 17:00 to 21:00 pm CE)

Thanks,
helasz

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/sampletemplate_376.zip

Re: Customize Java FX Project Template in NetBeans v8

Geertjan Wielenga-3

OK, let's discuss it on Skype.

Geertjan