Quantcast

Ctrl+PageUp does not work in NetBeans 8.2

Ctrl+PageUp does not work in NetBeans 8.2

R. Diez
Hi all:

I am used to pressing Ctrl+Page Up / Page Down to switch to the previous or next editor file (file tab) without having to leave the keyboard and grab the mouse. I picked up that habit from Firefox, but other major applications follow this "standard" too.

Therefore, I have always mapped the "Previous Tab" action to "Ctrl+Page Up" key etc. And that worked up to NetBeans 8.1. If I go to Tools, Options, Keymap, I I filter for shortcut "Ctrl+PAGE_UP", I find one single hit:
  Action: Previous Tab
  Shortcut: Ctrl+PAGE_UP
  Category: Window

In NetBeans 8.2 the Keymap shows exactly the same entry, but it does not work. When I press Ctrl+Page Up, nothing happens.

I have this problem on 2 PCs, Kubuntu 14.04 and Xubuntu 16.04.2. Both have NetBeans 8.1 and 8.2 installed.

Has something changed in NetBeans 8.2? I could not find anything new or changed around the "Next Tab" action.

Thanks in advance,
  rdiez