Creating a REST API with Netbeans using Oracle instead of Derby

Creating a REST API with Netbeans using Oracle instead of Derby

William Maclean

Hello,

I am trying to follow the Getting Started with RESTful Web Services tutorial:

https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/websvc/rest.html

Only, I am trying to use an Oracle Database, instead of Derby. It successfully created the Entity classes and web services from the Oracle Datbase, so I know it is finding the DB.

I have gotten the REST client to run via “Test RESTful Web Services” from the right-click menu, but am getting the following error when I try to  use any of the methods:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Schema 'SCHEMA_NAME' does not exist

                at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

                at com.sun.gjc.spi.base.ConnectionHolder.prepareStatement(ConnectionHolder.java:586)

                at com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.ConnectionWrapper40.prepareCachedStatement(ConnectionWrapper40.java:255)

                at com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.ConnectionWrapper40.prepareCachedStatement(ConnectionWrapper40.java:52)

It looks like there may be some component looking for derby.

What else do I need to do in order to use Netbeans to build RESTful services with an Oracle Database for persistence?

Thanks,

Will