Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

NDennis
I'm new to Netbeans and there are so many options.

I just need to know what to select to create a simple HTML5 project where I can drag and drop controls like tables, links, etc.

I do not need Java or anything other than a wysiwyg IDE and html5.

Thanks

Re: Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

wadechandler
Administrator
There may be some community plugin for which you could search Github or Tools->Plugins->Available Plugins. NetBeans default things do not have this for HTML5 and new techs. Most of the tools in the new JS/HTML5 world that I know of do not try to support this these days, including WebStorm, Visual Studio Code, etc, as it is not necessarily perceived as the optimum workflow as it used to be considering Angular, React, etc, and instant browser preview feedback with NodeJS builds. So, I don’t know there “isn’t” one out there, but I’m not exactly sure of one.

Wade

===================

Wade Chandler

On Feb 14, 2017, at 08:53, NDennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm new to Netbeans and there are so many options.

I just need to know what to select to create a simple HTML5 project where I can drag and drop controls like tables, links, etc.

I do not need Java or anything other than a wysiwyg IDE and html5.

Thanks

====================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer
NetBeans and Open Source Contributor

Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

NDennis
Thank you Wade.

I found JavaFX but it appears to just part of a solution.

I come from Visual Studio winforms and C#, but this is much more complicated.

I'm guessing moving from C# to Angular 2 should not be too hard. But again, everything is very involved.

Wade Chandler wrote:

> There may be some community plugin for which you could search Github or Tools->Plugins->Available Plugins. NetBeans default things do not have this for HTML5 and new techs. Most of the tools in the new JS/HTML5 world that I know of do not try to support this these days, including WebStorm, Visual Studio Code, etc, as it is not necessarily perceived as the optimum workflow as it used to be considering Angular, React, etc, and instant browser preview feedback with NodeJS builds. So, I don’t know there “isn’t” one out there, but I’m not exactly sure of one.
> Wade
> ===================
>
> Wade Chandler
> e: address-removed (address-removed)
>

> > On Feb 14, 2017, at 08:53, NDennis <address-removed (address-removed)> wrote:
> > I'm new to Netbeans and there are so many options.I just need to know what to select to create a simple HTML5 project where I can drag and drop controls like tables, links, etc.I do not need Java or anything other than a wysiwyg IDE and html5.Thanks

Re: Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

Alied Pérez Martínez
I'm not sure what you want but, probably Netbeans is not the right tool for you...

Sent from my "burning platform" Nokia N8-00

Re: Create a simple wysiwyg project using html5?

Sean Carrick-4
Dennis,

You should look at HTML5-specific IDEs, such as:

   * Aptana Studio 3: http://aptana.org/products/studio3

These types of tools may be more what you are looking for.
--
photo
Sean Carrick