Could not submit breakpoint

PatrickJP
Hi everyone,
                   Can anyone tell me what are the possible causes of the following error message:

Not able to submit breakpoint LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 62, reason: No executable location available at line 62 in class SSA_project_manager.SSA_Project_Manager.
Invalid LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 62

Obviously the files and class references are specific to my project. I have the generate debug info turned on.
This is running on NetBeans 8.2 with Java 1.8.0_152

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Patrick.

Could not submit breakpoint

markwade

PatrickJP wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>                    Can anyone tell me what are the possible causes of the following error message:
>
> Not able to submit breakpoint LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 62, reason: No executable location available at line 62 in class SSA_project_manager.SSA_Project_Manager.
> Invalid LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 62
>
> Obviously the files and class references are specific to my project. I have the generate debug info turned on.
> This is running on NetBeans 8.2 with Java 1.8.0_152
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Patrick.

As it says: there is no executable code at that line. I put in lines like:
int stophere = 0;
just before, or after, the point I'm interested in and set the breakpoint there. If you add such a line just before you can then step through what you're interested in.

Re: Could not submit breakpoint

Papa
I have for the first time tried Eclipse Oxigen , I really like it! Best yet, unlike this guys, no CrappOverflow. Eclipse has its own team working hard at answering what ever question you might come up with.

Re: Could not submit breakpoint

Brett Ryan
Hi Papa. I think we’ve all been quite active, supportive and tolerant within this medium.

I still don’t understand why you keep bringing up SO, though; you’re the main one talking about it. There’s been a lot of support to bring our new mailing list to life, yet; you’ve ignored it and are still dribbling on the old one.

May your futures be fruitful. Please don’t try to piss off the new forum you’ve joined.

I have for the first time tried Eclipse Oxigen , I really like it! Best yet, unlike this guys, no CrappOverflow. Eclipse has its own team working hard at answering what ever question you might come up with.

Could not submit breakpoint

tkellerer

Diniz wrote:
> Windows 10 Creators Update has created so much trouble for me too, including this issue. Is there a way to get rid of it or stop it from updating?
That question has nothing to do with NetBeans. Pleas ask that on a Windows forum.

Could not submit breakpoint

bestazy
I solved this myself--on accident.

Solution (Netbeans 7.0.1): View the breakpoints in the breakpoints tab. Delete the breakpoints that are being referenced erroneously. I deleted all breakpoints.

Step-by-Step:
1. Open the Window Menu at the top of the screen.
2. Select the Debugging option.
3. Select Breakpoints (or press Alt-Shift-5)
4. Right click on erroneous breakpoint references in Breakpoint Window.
5. Select delete.

Problem solved.
Cheers, Bestazy