Quantcast

Code Completion not working in some projects

Code Completion not working in some projects

NGoldwin
Settings:
- NetBeans 8.2
- Maven Web Application project with JSF
- CodeCompletion in .xhtml files

For some reason code completion has stopped working in my projects. All I get is "No suggestions".

I created a new maven web application with JSF. No problem here. Code completion worked from the start.

I copied the index.xhtml from new project to my old. Code completion is not working.

Since same file in same NetBeans works differently it has to do with the project settings. Looking through Project properties I couldn't spot any difference.
As far as I can see it's only pom.xml and nb-configuration.xml that handles project settings. nb-conf settings are the same in both projects.

What in pom.xml can differ and making code completion not working?
Or is there another setting I am missing?

Code Completion not working in some projects

NGoldwin
After some testing I could pinpoint it down to pom.xml and actually a  dependency.

Code:
 <dependency>
         <groupId>com.liferay.faces</groupId>
         <artifactId>com.liferay.faces.alloy</artifactId>
  </dependency>

With the above dependency Code Completion is not working. Witout it Code Completion is working. Rather strange I would say. Do you have explanation or even better a solution?