Changing Chinese Interface to English Interface

Changing Chinese Interface to English Interface

cyberena
I just downloaded netbeans 8.2, but its interface is Chinese, probably because I am located in China. I googled and found out info about changing the language to English, but they are all for prior versions. Does anyone know how to change the coding to change the language? Thanks

Changing Chinese Interface to English Interface

tkellerer

cyberena wrote:
> I just downloaded netbeans 8.2, but its interface is Chinese, probably because I am located in China. I googled and found out info about changing the language to English, but they are all for prior versions. Does anyone know how to change the coding to change the language? Thanks

You can pass the parameter "--locale en" on the command line when starting NetBeans, or you can edit netbeans.conf and add that parameter to the "netbeans_default_options"

tkellerer wrote:

> cyberena wrote:
> > I just downloaded netbeans 8.2, but its interface is Chinese, probably because I am located in China. I googled and found out info about changing the language to English, but they are all for prior versions. Does anyone know how to change the coding to change the language? Thanks
>

> You can pass the parameter "--locale en" on the command line when starting NetBeans, or you can edit netbeans.conf and add that parameter to the "netbeans_default_options"

But I can find the line "netbeans_default_options" in the netbeans.conf folder

cyberena wrote:

> tkellerer wrote:
> >
> > cyberena wrote:
> > > I just downloaded netbeans 8.2, but its interface is Chinese, probably because I am located in China. I googled and found out info about changing the language to English, but they are all for prior versions. Does anyone know how to change the coding to change the language? Thanks
> >

> > You can pass the parameter "--locale en" on the command line when starting NetBeans, or you can edit netbeans.conf and add that parameter to the "netbeans_default_options"
>

> But I can find the line "netbeans_default_options" in the netbeans.conf folder

It's not a folder it's a file which is located in the "etc" subdirectory of your NetBeans installation (at least under Windows).

http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqNetbeansConf