Quantcast

Cannot re-or-uninstall Netbeans on Win 10 Creator's Preview

Cannot re-or-uninstall Netbeans on Win 10 Creator's Preview

digitaltoast
First it started with the attached message, but pressing "yes" still allowed Netbeans to start.

However, now when I select "save as", Netbeans just quits immediately. Nothing in Windows logs.

So I thought it might be time to re-install, however, the installer starts, and then just silently quits. Same goes for uninstall.

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/screenclip_27_210.png

Cannot re-or-uninstall Netbeans on Win 10 Creator's Preview

digitaltoast
Sorry to bump, but I still really can't use, update or even uninstall.

Cannot re-or-uninstall Netbeans on Win 10 Creator's Preview

xhansx
The (un)install issue is also reported in https://forums.netbeans.org/topic67775.html

The workaround has been posted on this thread  (https://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?p=174955#174955)(works for me, anyway!)

giovstef75 wrote:
> You've got the godmode folder under c:?
> That should be the problem.
> Just remove it.
That was it! My Godmode folder was on Desktop.
Deleted it, and now Netbeans does not crash on "save as" and can also be un/installed. Thanks!
Should I file a "proper" bug report or has someone already done this?