Quantcast

Cannot connect to a java db

Moises Toporek
Hi:

I installed the new milestone 9 version of netbeans 6 and I was trying the "Building a Java Desktop Database Application" tutorial, but whenever I try to make the connection to the DB, it is unable to do it. The error reads that it is "unable to connect, cannot establish a connection to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db> using org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (Unable to find a suitable driver)". I check for the Drivers in the Drivers node and this driver is registered. I have set the Java DB location to c:\sun\appserver\javadb because it didn't allow me any other. Any clue??

Moises Toporek

Re: Cannot connect to a java db

Andrey Komarov
Try to check you db password and login.

A.

[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I installed the new milestone 9 version of netbeans 6 and I was trying the "Building a Java Desktop Database Application" tutorial, but whenever I try to make the connection to the DB, it is unable to do it. The error reads that it is "unable to connect, cannot establish a connection to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db> using org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (Unable to find a suitable driver)". I check for the Drivers in the Drivers node and this driver is registered. I have set the Java DB location to c:\sun\appserver\javadb because it didn't allow me any other. Any clue??
>
> Moises Toporek

Re: Cannot connect to a java db

Néstor GM
Hi.
Looking at your transcription of message "... jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db> ..."
Have you replaced <db> by the actual database name you want to connect to?

--Néstor

--Néstor

RE: Re: Cannot connect to a java db

Moises Toporek
I don´t know what happened. I registered an SQL Server Driver and mada a connection to it and works ok. And after that I was able to connect to the others.

Thanks

> > I installed the new milestone 9 version of netbeans 6 and I was
> trying the "Building a Java Desktop Database Application"
> tutorial, but whenever I try to make the connection to the DB, it
> is unable to do it. The error reads that it is "unable to connect,
> cannot establish a connection to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db>
> using org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (Unable to find a
> suitable driver)". I check for the Drivers in the Drivers node and
> this driver is registered. I have set the Java DB location to
> c:\sun\appserver\javadb because it didn't allow me any other. Any
> clue??>
> > Moises Toporek

RE: Re: Cannot connect to a java db

Moises Toporek
Yes. I did.

> Looking at your transcription of message "...
> jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db> ..."
> Have you replaced <db> by the actual database name you want to
> connect to?
>
> --Néstor
>
> 2007/5/11, Andrey Komarov <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Try to check you db password and login.
> >
> > A.
> >
> > [hidden email] wrote:
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > I installed the new milestone 9 version of netbeans 6 and I
> was trying
> > the "Building a Java Desktop Database Application" tutorial, but
> whenever I
> > try to make the connection to the DB, it is unable to do it. The
> error reads
> > that it is "unable to connect, cannot establish a connection to
> > jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/<db> using
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver(Unable to find a suitable
> driver)". I check for the Drivers in the Drivers
> > node and this driver is registered. I have set the Java DB
> location to
> > c:\sun\appserver\javadb because it didn't allow me any other.
> Any clue??
> > >
> > > Moises Toporek

> --Néstor

RE: Re: Cannot connect to a java db

John Baker

Please attach a log file  This may help explain the problem

mtoporek wrote