Can't start new project after installing netbeans

Can't start new project after installing netbeans

PickyBiker
I just installed NetBeans IDE 8.2 and when it starts I get the start page. I then click on File->New Project and nothing happens. Start->New File also does nothing.

I downloaded it with the All option and accepted all the defaults when installing. I have installed this 3 times now and I cannot start a new project.

What am I missing?

Re: Can't start new project after installing netbeans

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

You’re using NetBeans IDE 8.2 with JDK 9, which cannot work:

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

On 22 Dec 2017, at 04:35, PickyBiker <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just installed NetBeans IDE 8.2 and when it starts I get the start page. I then click on File->New Project and nothing happens. Start->New File also does nothing.

I downloaded it with the All option and accepted all the defaults when installing. I have installed this 3 times now and I cannot start a new project.

What am I missing?

Can't start new project after installing netbeans

PickyBiker
The problem was that I was trying to use NetBeans with JDK 9 which cannot work.  JDK 8 fixed the problem.