Can't start Java DB

logic101
I've installed NetBeans 8.2 on archlinux (package is https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/netbeans/)
I'm trying to follow this online course about managing databases via Java: http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java_and_databases.html

I can't follow the very first step, as the option "Start Server" is greyed out and non-selectable. Also Java DB drivers are missing.

I've read this article: https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/java-db.html?print=yes
and it's confusing me, I understand nothing about GlassFish, if I need it or it's just an alternative source for Java DB.

From what I understand GlassFish is already included in my NetBeans installation, as there are various files named 'glassifsh' in netbeans package list: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/netbeans/

Can't start Java DB

priya465
I had the same problem on Mac Os X 10.10.3, NetBeans 8.0.2, Oracle JDK 8.0.45

Running $DERBY_HOME/bin/sysinfo (or $JAVA_HOME/db/bin/sysinfo), I found a previous version of derby library on /Library/Java/Extension. I solved the problem removing this files.