Can't open NetBeans 8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04

bazzra
I have downloaded Netbeans ("all" option) on this Ubuntu machine through the official website and installed it with "chmod" but whenever I try to run it from the desktop I get a "An instance of the program cannot access specified user directory [...] Make sure /home/test/.netbeans/8.2 is writable" and from the terminal: "'netbeans' is not installed", everything else seems to be in order and I'm not allowed to update the OS, could anybody help out? Thanks in advance.

Can't open NetBeans 8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04

piedriver101
Most likely you didn't install with privileges.

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x netbeans-8.2-linux.sh   (make executable)
sudo bash netbeans-8.2-linux.sh

##
Otherwise, set permissions:
sudo chmod 777 ~/test/.netbeans/8.2