Can someone help a newbie in building and debugging Netbeans IDE from source

Can someone help a newbie in building and debugging Netbeans IDE from source

Bergquist, Brett

I was able to get the source code and setup ANT with the options and built the IDE and can run “ant tryme”.   What I am looking for is how to debug this built IDE and also any tips on building and debugging the IDE from within Netbeans itself.

I have poked around the mailing lists and such but have not found the magical site that explains this basics.   I don’t want to build an application based on the platform, I want to do somethings with the IDE itself.

For example, I would like to add back in the option to not do Directory Deployment for Java EE EAR as this is not working for me in my configuration.

So just a quick link to “look here for the answers is fine”.

Canoga Perkins
20600 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 718-6300

This e-mail and any attached document(s) is confidential and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and discard the original message and any attachment(s).

This e-mail and any attached document(s) is confidential and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and discard the original message and any attachment(s).

Re: Can someone help a newbie in building and debugging Netbeans IDE from source

wadechandler
Administrator
From the top site, see the Community tab:

Then see Develop The NetBeans IDE:

Also good info in FAQ:

Hope it helps,

Wade

On Aug 2, 2017 01:45, "Bergquist, Brett" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Wade Chandler

Software Engineer
NetBeans and Open Source Contributor