Can not use debugger

brezomarek
Hi,
I have encountered a problem that my NetBeans is showing "Variable information not available, source compiled without -g option"

This message is showed on any code that I want to use immediately when I want to step into.

Also right now I am not using my code, this was when using my lecturers code where she was able to debug it in netbeans without any problems, it was not possible for me at all.

Can not use debugger

Mike-EE-2
Hi brezomarek,

It sounds like you compiled your Java code without debugging  turned on.  The "-g" you mention is the javac command line arg to add debugging info into the generated .class files.

Right click on your Project and select "Properties".  Select the Build -> Compiling category.  Check the "Generate Debugging Info" box and click OK.

Recompile your source code and you should be able to debug it.

Hope that helps,
Mike-EE

Can not use debugger

brezomarek
Hi Mike-EE

I tried that but this was checked and i even tried to play with it a bit but it still gives me the same response.

I am using the newest versions of JKD with Netbeans IDE and Java SE bundle with the newest version of Java on Mac istalled just few days ago and on basic settings.

Thanks if you have any other idea that i might try.

Re: Can not use debugger

Simon Roberts
Are you compiling your lecturer's code from source, or using a library (jarfile) that she provided?

Plus, did you ask her for help? I don't know how academia works where/when you are in it, but when I was young (a looong time ago ;) I would have fully expected my teachers to help with things like this. It was, at least in part what (my government at the time) was paying for!

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com