Quantcast

Can not install NetBeans.

Gryalt
Hello, I have been trying to install NetBeans 8.2 for a few days now with no success. I have tried using some of the work around solutions people have been coming up with and none seem to work for me. I do not have the "GodMode" folder and I am running Windows 10 newest Creators update.

I have attached the error log that I get when I attempt to install.

I am asking for help of any kind please!

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/error_422.txt

Re: Can not install NetBeans.

Geertjan Wielenga-3

You don't need to install NetBeans, you can just download a ZIP file and
unzip it:

netbeans.org/downloads/zip.html

Gj

On 12-5-2017 19:17, Gryalt wrote:

> Hello, I have been trying to install NetBeans 8.2 for a few days now with no success. I have tried using some of the work around solutions people have been coming up with and none seem to work for me. I do not have the "GodMode" folder and I am running Windows 10 newest Creators update.
>
> I have attached the error log that I get when I attempt to install.
>
> I am asking for help of any kind please!
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Attachments:
> http://forums.netbeans.org//files/error_422.txt

Re: Can not install NetBeans.

Sean Carrick-4
Does your latest update include the security that Microsoft is moving
to that requires all software to be installed through the Microsoft
Store? If so, I'm not sure when there will be a MS Store package for
NetBeans, if ever.

Microsoft is moving in this direction to where a user will NOT be able
to install any software that does not come through the Store App. In
other words, Microsoft is moving Windows to not allow anyone to
download random software off of the internet and install it on Windows.
I'm not sure if this lock-down has started in the latest updates, but
it may have, which would be causing the issue that you have.

I bring this up because of the following line from your error message:

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

Since the crash happened outside of the JVM, this could be due to MS
locking Windows down.

Sean Carrick
VP Information Systems
Integrity Solutions