Building a plugin on top of JFluid (profiler)

Building a plugin on top of JFluid (profiler)

Ryan Cuprak-2
Hello,
 I am attempting to build a NetBeans plugin that use the profiler, specifically the classes in "Java Profiler (JFluid).” I noticed that this doesn’t appear to be a public API. I initially got an error about not being a “friend” which I managed to circumvent by selecting “Implementation Version” in the module dependency dialog.
 My question is, are there any ramifications for creating a plugin that depends upon a JFluid module?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Re: Building a plugin on top of JFluid (profiler)

Tomas Hurka-2
Hi Ryan,

On 18 Aug 2017, at 18:25, Ryan Cuprak <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am attempting to build a NetBeans plugin that use the profiler, specifically the classes in "Java Profiler (JFluid).” I noticed that this doesn’t appear to be a public API. I initially got an error about not being a “friend” which I managed to circumvent by selecting “Implementation Version” in the module dependency dialog.
My question is, are there any ramifications for creating a plugin that depends upon a JFluid module?
In general implementation dependency should be avoided. See http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqImplementationDependency for more details.

BTW: What functionality will be provided by your plugin?

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka   <[hidden email]>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org