Bookmarks (Netbeans 8.2)

Andy Turner

Hi List,

I've been struggling a bit with debugging some Java code as the breakpoints and bookmarks are not playing the way I expect. I guess this is complicated by the way I have organised my projects using Maven.

Anyway, I posted the question on stackoverflow and copy it here as I thought I should:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47337482/how-to-remove-bookmarks-in-netbeans-8-2

While debugging my code the bookmarks effectively acted like breakpoints and I wanted to deactivate them or remove them so that I could continue my debugging sessions to the place I really wanted to debug automatically, but I have a problem... From the main menu, selecting: Windows -> IDE Tools -> Bookmarks - used to give me a Bookmark Manager that detailed all of the bookmarks. I deleted the Bookmarks I had added by selecting them from the bookmarks manager and selecting delete and now they do not appear in the Bookmark Manager and yet my debugging sessions still halt at the place where the bookmarks were! I have tried closing Netbeans, deleting the cache and restarting, but the issue persists. (Apologies if this is a bug and I should have checked somewhere else for a bug report first). Any help and guidance much appreciated.

I have found that deactivating all the breakpoints helped. This has involved me reactivating those that that I actually want active, but it is perhaps something of a workaround for others.
I am using Maven and have more than one project open. I think I may have deleted the bookmarks for one project whilst working more with another...

Thanks for Netbeans and in advance for any help or guidance on this issue. Whether I can resolve this or not soon it's no real bother, I am likely to carry on using Netbeans for the foreseeable :-)

BTW I and am looking forward to the next release and am hopeful with regards the Apache foundation adoption which I learned about last week.

Best wishes,

Andy
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/index.html

Re: Bookmarks (Netbeans 8.2)

Andy Turner

Hi,

I figured out a work around for the issue I was facing and posted it on stack overflow as a comment.

Bye for now,

I've been struggling a bit with debugging some Java code as the breakpoints and bookmarks are not playing the way I expect. I guess this is complicated by the way I have organised my projects using Maven.

Anyway, I posted the question on stackoverflow and copy it here as I thought I should:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47337482/how-to-remove-bookmarks-in-netbeans-8-2

Image removed by sender.

stackoverflow.com

[...]

www.geog.leeds.ac.uk

Introduction. Andy Turner is a researcher based at The University of Leeds. In addition to working on research projects, Andy is involved in teaching and administration.

Re: Bookmarks (Netbeans 8.2)

markwade

On 11/17/2017 10:07 AM, Andy Turner wrote:

While debugging my code the bookmarks effectively acted like breakpoints and I wanted to deactivate them or remove them so that I could continue my debugging sessions to the place I really wanted to debug automatically

I have never known NetBeans debugger to stop at bookmarks.

From the main menu, selecting: Windows -> IDE Tools -> Bookmarks - used to give me a Bookmark Manager

From the main menu, selecting: Window -> Debugging -> Breakpoints you can right-click in the Breakpoints window and select "New Breakpoint..." where you can choose a debugger, set conditions and behavior but none include stopping at Bookmarks.

Not much help I guess but I've never seen that behavior, seems odd.