Quantcast

Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

mcheung63

Dear All

   Take a look the attachment. Atom editor code map still look more cool, right? Because their text color, so the code minimap look more comfortable. Any idea to do better than atom editor?

thanks

from Peter

code map.png (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

Christian August Michelsen-3
Den 13.01.2017 21:33, skrev Peter Cheung:
> Dear All
>
>    Take a look the attachment. Atom editor code map still look more
> cool, right? Because their text color, so the code minimap look more
> comfortable. Any idea to do better than atom editor?

It looks to me that a great improvement could be realised if you used
the same colours as in Atom. But I'm guessing you are just copying
whatever the editor displays, so that's more of a theme-change.

Another thing is you might want to make the black lines thinner, they
seem too big and clunky right now.

I kinda like it, but the black is slightly "overwhelming", perhaps
replace black with grey of some sort? But that also means that the
editor and the code map would differ slightly. Tricky. :-)

I like that the sidebar/changebar/"show-changes-in-code-bar" is wider in
your version than in Atom.

Mvh
Christian August Michelsen

Re: Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

mcheung63

Thanks for your opinion Christian. I am facing a technical issue, i can't get AttributeSet from NBEditorDocument object, so i have no way to get the "Style" of every elements on the QuietEditorPane

Peter.

Mvh
Christian August Michelsen

Re: Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

Geertjan Wielenga-3

It's always going to be the same every time when you write to a mailing list -- describe what is it that you're trying to achieve? When you describe that, people will help you.

Gj

On 15-1-2017 19:06, Peter Cheung wrote:

Thanks for your opinion Christian. I am facing a technical issue, i can't get AttributeSet from NBEditorDocument object, so i have no way to get the "Style" of every elements on the QuietEditorPane

Peter.

Den 13.01.2017 21:33, skrev Peter Cheung:
> Dear All
>
>    Take a look the attachment. Atom editor code map still look more
> cool, right? Because their text color, so the code minimap look more
> comfortable. Any idea to do better than atom editor?

It looks to me that a great improvement could be realised if you used
the same colours as in Atom. But I'm guessing you are just copying
whatever the editor displays, so that's more of a theme-change.

Another thing is you might want to make the black lines thinner, they
seem too big and clunky right now.

I kinda like it, but the black is slightly "overwhelming", perhaps
replace black with grey of some sort? But that also means that the
editor and the code map would differ slightly. Tricky. :-)

I like that the sidebar/changebar/"show-changes-in-code-bar" is wider in
your version than in Atom.

--
Mvh
Christian August Michelsen

Re: Atom editor code map still look more cool, right?

mcheung63

This line "HighlightsContainer bh = HighlightingManager.getInstance(jtc).getBottomHighlights();" has compile error in netbeans 8.2:

HighlightsContainer bh = HighlightingManager.getInstance(jtc).getBottomHighlights();

Any alternative way to get the HighlightsContainer object?

thanks