Adding the JDK documentation

Fatbob Fatbob
Hi everyone! NetBeans newbie here.

How do I go about adding the JDK documentation to the NetBeans IDE? I tried
adding it via the Java Platform Manager. I click on the Javadoc tab, and I
add the folder where I unpacked the JDK documentation, but I still get
Javadoc not found when I do Alt-F1 in the IDE. I also tried pointing to the
JDK documentation zip file that I downloaded, and still the same. What am I
missing here? Being new to Java, having the docs properly working in the IDE
would be of great help.

I'm running NetBeans 4.1

Thanks!

PS. NetBeans is an awesome program! Looking forward to 4.2, keep it up!

Re: Adding the JDK documentation

Tomáš Procházka-2
Hi.

 You must add only 'api' folder. For me it's functional in 4.1 and also in 4.2dev.

----------------------- End of original message ----------------------

 Tomas Prochazka

Re: Adding the JDK documentation

John Jullion-Ceccarelli
You can just add the ZIP instead of unzipping it, then NB finds it fine.

-J

Tomas Prochazka wrote:

> Hi.
>
>  You must add only 'api' folder. For me it's functional in 4.1 and also in 4.2dev.

Ok, I tried pointing it directly to the 'api' folder (C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_4\docs\api) and it still doesn't work.

 Tomas Prochazka

Re: Adding the JDK documentation

Fatbob Fatbob
I did try pointing it to the zip file, and that too didn't work.