Adding external libraries in NB 8+

Don Krause
I’m adapting an old, NB Platform project (6.9 era) to 8.2.

So I’ve just installed 8.2, I open my project, and it complains that there’s libraries missing.

Not a problem, been here before..

So Project Properties->Libraries tab….

Huh… No “Add Jar” option..

Search google. “Netbeans 8 add libraries” returns nothing but a but ton of links how to add libraries to earlier versions on NetBeans… And they
all say the same thing, Click ‘Project Properties”, use the Libraries tab, click Add jar….

Except, I don’t have that option.. It’s not even an unavailable, grey’ed out option. “Add Project” doesn’t appear to be the answer,
“Add Cluster” feels incorrect...

I must be missing something easy, but I sure can’t seem to find a quick answer…
All I want to do is add back j3d.

Would some kind soul please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--
Don Krause

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Adding external libraries in NB 8+

Oliver Rettig
Hi,

If I understand you correct you want to add an plain jar file to your netbeans
application. Typically you wrap a jar in a nb-project which you can add to a
suite and add via the shown gui into your app.

If the jar is used only for one of your nb-projects of your nb-app you can add
the jar to this nb-project directly instead of creating a new wrapper-project.

Right-click on the project, open the properties menu, switch to the Libraries
tab, switch to the wrapped-jars tab and add the jar.

If this is not available you have right-clicked on a suite instead of a
project.

Hope this helps.

best regards
Oliver

> I’m adapting an old, NB Platform project (6.9 era) to 8.2.
>
> So I’ve just installed 8.2, I open my project, and it complains that there’s
> libraries missing.
>
> Not a problem, been here before..
>
> So Project Properties->Libraries tab….
>
> Huh… No “Add Jar” option..
>
> Search google. “Netbeans 8 add libraries” returns nothing but a but ton of
> links how to add libraries to earlier versions on NetBeans… And they all
> say the same thing, Click ‘Project Properties”, use the Libraries tab,
> click Add jar….
>
> Except, I don’t have that option.. It’s not even an unavailable, grey’ed out
> option. “Add Project” doesn’t appear to be the answer, “Add Cluster” feels
> incorrect...
>

> I must be missing something easy, but I sure can’t seem to find a quick
> answer… All I want to do is add back j3d.
>
> Would some kind soul please point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Don Krause

Re: Adding external libraries in NB 8+

Don Krause
That was extremely helpful, thanks very much.

=Don=