Quantcast

Accidently deleted my Netbeans Project

PHP_mySQL__Newbie
Yes. Believe me, I just did it. I recently started using NetBeans7.01 on Vista 64. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to retreive a deleted project from Netbeans IDE 7.01? I am about to get a heart attack.

I was working on a PHP Application project P1 and it was saved in the folder C://wamp/www/P1. Then I created another PHP Application project P2 and mistakenly placed in the folder C:/wamp/www. When I realized that it was placed in the wrong folder, I decided to delete it and when the system asked me to confirm to delete the 'www' folder--- I clicked on 'Yes'.

So now I can't find the project P1! It is not in the Recycle Bin.

It may be a little late to ask how to make backups in NetBeans?

Re: Accidently deleted my Netbeans Project

Franz Graf
Hi,

ou - bad luck.
NB doesn't help you in that case. I guess you also don't have the
project in version control, right?
Maybe you can use Windows shadow-copy feature?
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/recover-files-with-shadow-copies-on-any-version-of-windows-vista/

regards
Franz

--
User FAQ: http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeansUserFAQ
If noone answers your questions: http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqNoAnswer
Java Questions: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=285

Re: Accidently deleted my Netbeans Project

Glenn Holmer
On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 03:32 +0000, PHP_mySQL__Newbie wrote:
> It may be a little late to ask how to make backups in NetBeans?

Tools / Local History?

Best to use a revision control system like Subversion or Git.

Glenn Holmer                          [hidden email]
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601

Accidently deleted my Netbeans Project

PHP_mySQL__Newbie
Thank you Glenn and Franz,
I was able to recover some files from recuva. That really helped. Tools/local history had nothing in it. I am going to try the revision control system. This is very new to me. I feel like I hit the ground running.

http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/subversion.html