[82cat] See you in Apache!

Jiří Kovalský
Hi all,

Happy new year!

https://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1646.html

NetBeans is in the process of moving to Apache, the current status can be read in the latest Apache incubator report:

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2018

A lot more work is ahead, though a lot has been done already.

Take note of the following:

- NetBeans Bugzilla is read-only so please use Apache NetBeans JIRA going forward: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/

- NetBeans update centers are switching from http to https on January 12th, so please go to Tools > Plugins > Settings to manually change URLs to https

- Several items are still pending, i.e., in process to Apache, including the website, Plugin Portal, and Exception Reporter.

- Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta is in process of being released: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Beta

Finally, thank you all for your many years of usage and support of NetBeans — we look forward to continuing the NetBeans adventure with you in Apache!

Thanks,

Geertjan & Jirka,
on behalf of the NetBeans community

[82cat] Re: See you in Apache!

Kai Uwe Pel
Happy New Year !

Thank you always for your hard work, Jirka and Geertjan!

Moving to the next adventure with Apache NetBeans :)

Regards,
Kai

On 1/2/2018 6:35 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your well wishes Kai.

Good bye,
-Jirka

Dne 2.1.2018 v 18:56 Kai Uwe Pel napsal(a):

> Happy New Year !
>
> Thank you always for your hard work, Jirka and Geertjan!
>
> Moving to the next adventure with Apache NetBeans :)
>
> Regards,
> Kai
>

> On 1/2/2018 6:35 PM, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Happy new year!
>>
>> As announced towards the end of last year, we are ending the
>> @netbeans.org mailing lists and web forums:
>>
>> https://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1646.html
>>
>> NetBeans is in the process of moving to Apache, the current status can
>> be read in the latest Apache incubator report:
>>
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2018
>>
>> A lot more work is ahead, though a lot has been done already.
>>
>> Take note of the following:
>>
>> - Apache NetBeans mailing lists and how to subscribe/unsubscribe:
>>
>> - NetBeans Bugzilla is read-only so please use Apache NetBeans JIRA
>> going forward: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/
>>
>> - NetBeans update centers are switching from http to https on January
>> 12th, so please go to /Tools > Plugins > Settings/ to manually change
>> URLs to https
>>
>> - Several items are still pending, i.e., in process to Apache,
>> including the website, Plugin Portal, and Exception Reporter.
>>
>> - Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta is in process of being
>> released:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Beta
>>
>> Finally, thank you all for your many years of usage and support of
>> NetBeans — we look forward to continuing the NetBeans adventure with
>> you in Apache!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geertjan & Jirka,
>> on behalf of the NetBeans community